Automatics/Automatyka publishes original papers in an automatic control engineering field and related disciplines including: control theory and optimisation, dynamical system analysis and synthesis, control engineering applications, electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, electronics, and biomedical engineering. Discussion and review papers presenting current state of the art as well as new and emerging areas are also welkomed. The journal publishes letters to the editorial board, reviews, bibliographies and biographies of distinguished researchers in pertinent fields, historical materials, etc.
Automatics/Automatyka is a continuation of a non-periodic series Zeszyty Naukowe AGH – Automatyka started in 1966, which included 67 volumes till 1994. Since 1997 the journal is published in a semiannual cycle.ARCHIVE.
Please visit a HOME PAGE of the journal to find additional informations.
The Computer Science Journal is published by the AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow Poland. The Editors of the Journal are members of the Faculty of Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunications and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automatics, Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering. The Editorial Board consists of many renowned computer science researchers from all over the world.
The first issue of the Journal was published in 1999. Currently, the Journal is published quarterly, with the main goal to create a forum for exchanging research experience for scientists specialized in different fields of computer science.
Original papers are sought concerning theoretical and applied computer science problems. Example areas of interest to the journal (but not restricted to) are: theoretical aspects of computer science, pattern recognition and processing, evolutionary algorithms, neural networks, database systems, knowledge engineering, automatic reasoning, computer networks management, distributed and grid systems, multi-agent systems, multimedia systems and computer graphics, natural language processing, soft-computing, embedded systems, adaptive algorithms, simulation.
Previous issued volumes (before 2012) may be found at: http://csci.iisg.agh.edu.pl.
Our journal is indexed in the following services: Google Scholar, CrossRef metadata search, Directory of Open Access Journals, Open Archives Initiative, Digital Libraries Federation, BazTech, Index Copernicus, Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, EBSCOhost Applied Sciences, DBLP
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Decision Making in Manufacturing and ServicesSubmit Your Paper
Decision Making in Manufacturing and Services (DMMS, p-ISSN 1896-8325, e-ISSN 2300-7087) objective is to serve the entire Decision Making community, including academic and industry researchers and decision makers working at the interface of research and implementation in manufacturing and services. The journal focuses on topics treating the interface between decision sciences, information technology and management science. All aspects of the subject in relation to manufacturing and services are covered. Papers may address concerns of manufacturing or service firms as well as government or non-profit enterprises, and the full range of manufacturing and service systems is covered. Examples of services considered include transportation, logistics and distribution, telecommunication, tourism, medical services.
Moreover, the journal encourages a variety of methodological approaches to decision making in manufacturing and services. The papers may be theoretical or empirical, analytical or computational, and may be based on a variety of disciplinary foundations such as management, economics, operations research, computer science, engineering, psychology, etc. The ultimate objective of DMMS is to disseminate knowledge for improving the theoretical base for sound decision making in practice.
The main topics of interest to Decision Making in Manufacturing and Services include, but are not limited to:
- Applications of decision theory in manufacturing and service management
- Information technology for decision making in manufacturing and services
- Computational intelligence for decision making in manufacturing and services
- Operational research techniques for manufacturing and service management
- Design of manufacturing and service systems
- Planning and scheduling in manufacturing and services
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Financial decision making in manufacturing and services.
Decision Making in Manufacturing and Services is covered by the following abstracting and indexing services: International Abstracts in Operations Research (IAOR), Mathematical Reviews (MathSciNet), Zentralblatt MATH, Index Copernicus.
MNiSW przyznało DMMS 10 punktów, tj. maksymalną liczbę punktów dla czasopism nieposiadających współczynnika wpływu Impact Factor (patrz komunikat w sprawie wykazu czasopism naukowych z 17 grudnia 2013, DMMS jest w części B).
Ministry of Science and Higher Education assigned 10 points to DMMS, i.e., the highest score available for journals not in JCR (see, komunikat w sprawie wykazu czasopism naukowych z 17 grudnia 2013, DMMS is in part B).
Geology, Geophysics and Environment
The Geology, Geophysics and Environment Journal is published by the AGH University of Science and Technology; Faculty of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection, Krakow Poland. The Editorial Board consists of many renowned scientists representing different branches of geology and environmental sciences.
The Journal was previously published under the title of Geologia Kwartalnik AGH (AGH Geology Quarterly). The first issue of the Journal was published in 1974, and 38 volumes (near 150 issues) have been published until now. In 2012 the title was changed into Geology, Geophysics and Environment. The University of Science and Technology quarterly journal Geology, Geophysics and Environment publishes original papers, articles and notes from the Earth and Environmental Science field. All submitted papers are peer reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. Articles are accepted only in English. This is an open access journal, which means that all content is freely available without charge.Our journal is indexed in the following services: BazTech, GeoRef: Bibliography & Index of Geology, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus.
Geomatics and Enviromental Engineering
Published quarterly since 2007 year "Geomatics and Environmental Engineering", is a natural extension appearing in the years 1993 to 2006 semi-annual magazines such as "Geodezja" and "Inżynieria Środowiska". From their connection a quarterly magazine was established, in which articles wrote in English are published, original works based on geomatics issues, including the widely understood surveying and mapping, development problems and environmental protection with the use of engineering and technical methods and surveying. Particularly they include such issues as:
- Measurement of specific,
- Geodetics networks,
- Higher and satellite geodesy,
- Positioning systems,
- Engineering industries surveying,
- Real estate management,
- Geographic information systems,
- Remote sensing and photogrammetry,
- Cadastre, valuation of real estate,
- Legal issues in surveying,
- Mining surveying,
- Protection of mining areas,
- Spatial planning,
- Validation of measuring instruments,
- Environmental monitoring,
- Prevention of environmental protection,
- Shaping the environment,
- Reconstruction and development of natural environment, etc.
In 2015 Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland assigned 11 points to "Geomatics and Environmental Engineering”.
Our journal is indexed in the following services: BazTech, BazEkon, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus.
The GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka) magazine, published by the AGH University of Science and Technology, present scientific and information papers as well as survey reports devoted to all aspects of global geotourism. Magazine is intended for anyone interested in promotion and protection of geological heritage, geological education and the popularization of Earth Sciences. Journal focuses on geological and geomorphological issues in tourism but also on wider geographical context as well as impacts of geotourism in social, economic, and cultural aspects.The main scopes include:
- presentation of unique sites and areas of geological and geomorphological values in terms of the ability to create geotourist attraction
- comparative analysis of the existing geo-infrastructure in various countries
- valuation methodology of the natural environment in tourism
- ways to share to explore of geosites and create geo-product
- method of interpretation of geological knowledge to a wider audience
- methods for creating an geotourist object, its functions and importance
- providing service facilities in geotourism
- research problems of geodiversity assessment
- geological education at different levels of didactic issues
- importance of the geotourism in geoconservation and the methods of protecting geosites against tourist traffic
- create and manage of geoparks
- planning and management in geotourism
- in 2016 Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Poland) assigned 8 points to "GEOTOURISM/Geoturystyka” journal
- GEOTOURISM is indexed in the following services: BazTech, Index Copernicus
- previous issued volumes (before 2010) may be found at http://www.geoturystyka.pl/pl/czasopismo
- ISSN 1731-0830 - printed version is the primary one
- ISSN 2353-3641 - electronic version
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7494/geotour
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for AUTHORS
Only article which:
- corresponds to the magazine’s profile (Focus and Scope)
- is declared not to be published or accepted for publication elsewhere, either or partly (Declaration)
- meets all the Guidelines for Authors
- will receive two positive reviews (Review Form)
can be qualified for publication in the GEOTOURISM/Geoturystyka journal.
Journal of Casting & Materials Engineering
The JOURNAL OF CASTING & MATERIALS ENGINEERING (JCME) is a peer-reviewed, academic e-periodical devoted to issues in engineering processes and casting materials. The periodical is published as a quarterly in the open access system by the AGH University of Science and Technology in Kraków.
The JCME publishes original research articles, as well as reviews and theoretical articles. The mission of the periodical is to contribute to the development of knowledge and new scientific ideas in the field of engineering processes and casting materials.
The main topics of interest for the JCME are:
• CASTING ENGINEERING: solidification of metals and alloys • heat treatment • microstructural characterization of cast iron, steel and nonferrous alloys • mechanization, automation and robotics • theory and construction of machines and devices • mechanical, foundry and utility properties of castings • surface modification • metal matrix composites • computer modelling • rapid prototyping • 3d printing technology;
• MATERIALS ENGINEERING: moulding materials • core materials •auxiliary materials and additives • polymer materials • refractory materials • composite materials • materials for 3d printing technology • physicochemical properties of materials • metals and alloys • ceramics • degradation and corrosion of materials • analytical methods • modification of materials • moulding sand and core technologies • recycling in casting and metallurgy.
In 2015 Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland assigned 13 points to Managerial Economics (see the respective journal ranking list published by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education on 23.12.2015).
The main aim of Managerial Economics is to draw more attention to major decision problems and to present the principles of economic analysis which are required for optimal decision-making (i.e. making the decisions which are most appropriate taking into account the conditions in which the company and the economy operate and the factors that are necessary for the implementation of a given economic project). Managerial economics examines and analyses the functioning mechanisms of modern market economies. Following those trends the main scopes of the journal include:
- discussion on the results of research which lead to a better understanding of decision-making problems and deepening the state of knowledge on the functioning mechanisms of modern economies, which are constantly becoming more complex,
- presentation of the principles of economic analysis which may help in making optimal decisions in the light of business process and its individual elements, and an evaluation of the practical suitability of particular methods and results of analyses,
- identification of the key decision-making problems which are being nowadays faced by managers,
- evaluation of achievements in the field of the theoretical foundations of managerial decisions, which undoubtedly facilitates an understanding of the essence of the economic phenomena occurring at the interface between business entities and the economic environment,
- presentation of the results of comprehensive analyses of investment decisions in the public and private sectors (including public project financing) taken in conditions of uncertainty.
The journal is currently indexed in:
Mechanics and Control
Mechanics and Control covers a wide range of theoretical and applied aspects of mechanics, mechanical engineering, vibration theory, machine dynamics, robotics, mechatronics, vibroacoustics, control of dynamical systems, active noise and vibration control methods, smart technologies, mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, operational reliability, problems of computer aided simulations and design and noise and vibration environment protection.
The journal has appeared regularly since 1982. In Mechanics and Control are published original papers of a high technical and linguistic standard that have received positive opinions of two independent reviewers.
Mechanics and Control is indexed in the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MNiSW) list of scientific journals. It has been assigned 9 points in the most recent 2016 list.
The journal is currently indexed in: BazTech and Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
Metallurgy and Foundry Engineering
The journal will disseminate knowledge relating to the metallurgical and foundry engineering in general. The scope of the journal focuses on:
- Extractive metallurgy including direct reduction, ironmaking, steelmaking, extraction of non‑ferrous metals and special metallurgical processes;
- Physical metallurgy including materials technology, metallography, heat treatment, creep, corrosion, weldability, fatigue behaviour, testing of materials etc.;
- Metal working including hot and cold rolling, forging, drawing, sheet forming and other unconventional processes;
- Foundry engineering including theory and technology of melting and secondary metallurgy of ferrous and non‑ferrous alloys, moulding materials and technology, forming of castings, moulding machines, foundry furnaces and automation of foundry processes;
- Application of numerical methods in metallurgy, foundry and in mechanical working of metals;
- Heat engineering, including heat and mass transfer, combustion processes, environment protection.
Papers published earlier in the journals will not be accepted.
Studia Humanistyczne AGH
"Studia Humanistyczne AGH" (Contributions to Humanities) has been published since 2003, initially once a year and, since 2010, twice a year. Both the dynamic development of the journal, the substantial increase in the range of subjects covered and its high popularity among the representatives of various disciplines within social science and humanities, resulted in ‘Contributions to Humanities’ becoming a quarterly in 2012.
‘Contributions to Humanities’ publishes articles of theoretical and empirical character, review essays and reviews, translations, as well as findings of research carried out within the scope of contemporary social science and humanities. The contributors come from different international scientific and research centers and represent a wide range of academic disciplines: sociology, philosophy, religious studies, cultural studies, anthropology, educational studies, psychology, political science, literature, linguistics, and history. ‘Contributions to Humanities’ accepts articles both in Polish and in English.
The journal is indexed in ERIH PLUS, Central and Eastern European Online Library (CEEOL), Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (CEJSH) and Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). Our quarterly is also available through the Digital Library Europeana (www.europeana.eu). It has been included in the Ministry of Science and Higher Education register of scientific and scholarly journals (list B - 10). All the articles published in ‘Contributions to Humanities’ are easily accessible through the journal’s official website.