For Polish language, please select the language using the "Submit" button on the top right of the website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for AUTHORS - only article that:
- corresponds to the magazine’s profile - Focus and Scope
- is declared not to be published or accepted for publication elsewhere, either or partly - Declaration
- meets all the Guidelines for Authors
- will receive two positive reviews - Review Form
can be qualified for publication in the GEOTOURISM journal.
- in 2016 Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Poland) assigned 8 points to GEOTOURISM journal
- the journal is indexed in: BazTech, Index Copernicus
- previous issues (no 1-19): http://www.geoturystyka.pl/pl/czasopismo
- ISSN 1731-0830 - printed version
- ISSN 2353-3641 - electronic version
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7494/geotour
The GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka) magazine, published by the AGH University of Science and Technology, present scientific and information papers as well as survey reports devoted to all aspects of global geotourism. Magazine is intended for anyone interested in promotion and protection of geological heritage, geological education and the popularization of Earth Sciences. Journal focuses on geological and geomorphological issues in tourism but also on wider geographical context as well as impacts of geotourism in social, economic, and cultural aspects.The main scopes include:
- presentation of unique sites and areas of geological and geomorphological values in terms of the ability to create geotourist attraction
- comparative analysis of the existing geo-infrastructure in various countries
- valuation methodology of the natural environment in tourism
- ways to share to explore of geosites and create geo-product
- method of interpretation of geological knowledge to a wider audience
- methods for creating an geotourist object, its functions and importance
- providing service facilities in geotourism
- research problems of geodiversity assessment
- geological education at different levels of didactic issues
- importance of the geotourism in geoconservation and the methods of protecting geosites against tourist traffic
- create and manage of geoparks
- planning and management in geotourism
Forthcoming GEOTOURISM issue 1-2(44-45)2016
Krzysztof Bąk, Marta Bąk, Mariusz Szubert - Stromboli – the best place to actively learn and understand the behavior of an active volcano and its processes.
Damian Hełdak - Geotourist potential of Bialka valley (Podhale Basin). Project of geotourist trail.
Mateusz Szczęch, Marek Cieszkowski, Rafał Chodyń, Jan Loch - Geotouristic values of the Gorce National Park and its surroundings.
Stanisław Szczurek, Marta Bąk, Paweł Dulemba - The Racławka Valley – an example of educational geosite of development of the Paleozoic carbonate platform.
Elżbieta Stach - School tourism in health resorts exemplified by school trips organized for children and teenagers from Krakow (The Outer Carpathians, Poland).