About the Journal
Our journal is indexed in the following services: Google Scholar, CrossRef metadata search, Directory of Open Access Journals, Open Archives Initiative, Digital Libraries Federation, BazTech, Index Copernicus, Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, EBSCOhost Applied Sciences, DBLP, ERIH PLUS, SCOPUS and Emerging Sources Citation Index - part of Clarivate Web of Science.
This is an open access journal in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access. The content of the journal is freely available according to the Creative Commons License Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Web of Science Impact Factor =0.5
Scopus Quartile = 3
Focus and Scope
The Computer Science Journal is published by the AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow Poland. The Editors of the Journal are members of the Faculty of Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunications and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automatics, Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering. The Editorial Board consists of many renowned computer science researchers from all over the world.
The first issue of the Journal was published in 1999. Currently, the Journal is published quarterly, with the main goal to create a forum for exchanging research experience for scientists specialized in different fields of computer science.
Original papers are sought concerning theoretical and applied computer science problems. Example areas of interest are:
* theoretical aspects of computer science,
* pattern recognition and processing,
* evolutionary algorithms,
* neural networks,
* database systems,
* knowledge engineering,
* automatic reasoning,
* computer networks management,
* distributed and grid systems,
* multi-agent systems,
* multimedia systems and computer graphics,
* natural language processing,
* embedded systems,
* adaptive algorithms,
Abstracts, full versions of the issued volumes and instructions for
authors and reviewers may be found at:http://csci.iisg.agh.edu.pl.
Digital archiving is supported by an internal server with professionally maintained backups
Peer Review Process
Information for Reviewers
After receiving an e-mail with invitation to review a paper for Computer Science journal, please proceed to the Open Journal System, download the paper and complete the review. Maintaining short release cycle is very important to us, so we kindly ask you to complete the review in no longer than 4 weeks counted from the date of receiving the invitation. If you are unable to prepare the review please let us know as soon as possible.
Fill out the review form, providing us with:
- the overall suggestion regarding the acceptance of the paper,
- reviewer's confidence,
- evaluation of the following aspects of the paper (each should get the score from 1 - very poor to 5 - excellent):
- Scientific merit: notably scientific rigour, accuracy and correctness.
- Clarity of expression; communication of ideas; readability and discussion of concepts.
- Sufficient discussion of the context of the work, and suitable referencing.
- Originality: Is the work relevant and novel?
- Motivation: Does the problem considered have a sound motivation?
- Length: Is the content of the work of sufficient scientific interest to justify its length?
- Presentation: technical quality of the text (language, figures etc.).
- Overall evaluation.
All papers submitted to our journal undergo a language correction (carried out by a native speaker) and if need arises (e.g. on demand of Reviewer or one of Editors), also statistical correction (carried out by a professional mathematician).
Then input a detailed review, including justification for your scores. This review will be sent to the authors unless the PC chairs decide not to do so. You can also prepare the review offline and add an attachement.
If you wish to add any remarks intended only for PC members, please write them below. These remarks will only be seen by the programme committee members having access to reviews for this submission. They will not be sent to the authors. This field is optional.
To ensure, that no conflict of interest arises, we carry out the reviews in double-blind mode.
Open Access Policy
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
The content of the journal is freely available according to the Creative Commons License Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Previous version of this website is available at http://csci.iisg.agh.edu.pl along with an archive containing issues of the Computer Science journal printed between 1999 and 2011.
We are using iThenticate in order to prevent (self)plagiarism.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
1. Editorial Board
- Our journal has editorial boards consisting of renowned researchers and practicioners in the field of Computer Science. The full list of the members is provided here.
- Editorial office contact information may be found here.
2. Authors and Authors responsibilities
- The publication of the paper is free of charge.
- Authors are obliged to participate in peer review process.
- Authors fill out a dedicated form describing their contribution to the paper. Only researchers who significantly contributed to the paper can be listed as authors.
- All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes in the process of review and author correction.
- The authors must put the information about financing of their work in the form and in the paper itself.
- It is forbidden to publish same research in more than one journal.
3. Peer-review process
- All of our papers are subjected to peer-review.
- We ask for reviewing only experts in the field connected with the particular paper's substance.
- The reviewer's comments should be made objective and no conflict of interest is acceptable, therefore we follow the double-blind review process, we do our best to select independent reviewers, possibly from another country (different to the one where authors come from) and we are ready to change the reviewers assignment if they report still a potential conflict of interest.
- Reviewers are encouraged to point out relevant published work which is not yet cited.
- Reviewed articles are treated confidentially.
4. Publication ethics
- Publishers and editors take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred. Therefore we follow an anti-plagiaris and anti-ghostwriting procedure, checking for the same content as in the submitted paper, published elsewhere, BEFORE THE ACTUAL REVIEW PROCESS IS STARTED.
- We have a predefined Consent to Publish, stating clearly rights of the authors and stating that the published work is original, not printed elsewhere. However, in the event that we are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct, we will be contacting the authors, the author's supervisors or employees, finally the appropriate court in order to clarify this issue.
- If in the course of clarifying the issue, the allegation of plagiarism or any other misconduct is confirmed, the paper will be retracted or corrected based on the particular negotiations with the Editor in Chief, authors and the person who poses the allegation.
- We are always willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies should they be needed.
- When any doubts arise regarding malpractices as ghost-writing, guest-authorship, plagiarism etc. we follow the guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics depicted in the flowcharts.
5. Copyright and Access
- Copyright and licensing information is described in details on our Consent to Publish form.
- The papers are distributed along with the Open Access mode stated clearly here.
- The journal content is archived using professional appliances owned by AGH University of Science and Technology. Moreover full versions of our papers are archived in several internal (AGH Main Library) and external repositories. Even in the case the journal no longer is published, the contents will be available.
7. Ownership and management
- The journal is owned by AGH University of Science and Technology, printed by AGH Publishing House and managed by the Editors, Co-editors and Assistant Editors.
8. Web site
- We do our best to care to ensure high ethical and professional standards, therefore all the relevant information is available on this website.
9. Publishing schedule
- The journal is published quarterly and we are doing our best to print it on-time.
10. Name of journal
- The name of the journal: "Computer Science" is unique worldwide and we don't undertake any misleading deeds in order to attract the readers or authors to our journal.
Computer Science journal is sponsored in full by AGH University of Science and Technology and published by AGH University of Science and Technology Press.
Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education ranking:
- 40 points 2021
- 20 points 2019
- 12 points 2016
- 12 points 2015
- 8 points 2013
- 7 points 2012
- 6 points 2011
- 2 points 1999-2010
- 2021: 91%
- 2020: 61%
- 2019: 79%
- 2018: 61%
- 2017: 31%
- 2016: 39%
- 2015: 49%
- 2014: 52%