About the Journal
The GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka) journal, published by the AGH University of Krakow, presents scientific and information papers as well as survey reports devoted to all aspects of global geotourism. Journal is intended for anyone interested in the promotion and protection of geological heritage, geological education and the popularization of Earth Sciences. Journal focuses on geological and geomorphological issues in tourism but also on wider geographical context as well as on impacts of geotourism in social, economic, and cultural aspects.
Our journal is indexed in the following services: BazTech, BazHum, Google Scholar, CrossRef, EuroPub, JournalTOCs, EZB, CEON Bibliloteka Nauki.
Focus and Scope
The main scopes include:
- presentation of unique sites and areas of geological and geomorphological values in terms of the ability to create geotourist attraction,
- comparative analysis of the existing geo-infrastructure in various countries,
- valuation methodology of the natural environment in tourism,
- ways to share to explore of geosites and create geo-product,
- method of interpretation of geological knowledge to a wider audience,
- methods for creating an geotourist object, its functions and importance,
- providing service facilities in geotourism,
- research problems of geodiversity assessment,
- geological knowledge at different levels of education
- importance of the geotourism in geoconservation and the methods of protecting geosites against tourist traffic,
- creation and management of geoparks,
- planning and management in geotourism.
Peer Review Process
- The submitted manuscripts must comply with all technical recommendations contained in the "Guidelines for Authors".
- Each manuscript is subjected to double-blind peer review by two independent reviewers who are not affiliated either to the authors and their employing institutions or to the Editorial Board.
- The technical details of the manuscript are checked also by an appointed member of the Editorial Board (supervising editor).
- Opinions of the reviewers and recommendations from the supervising editor are mailed to the corresponding author who is obliged to refer to each remark, to answer each question and to introduce corrections into the text.
- If the reviews are positive, the final version of corrected manuscript is presented to the Editorial Board for acceptance.
- The proof copy is mailed to the corresponding author for proofreading and final corrections. However, at the stage of proofreading, the author(s) cannot change the title and cannot substantially extend the text by introduction of new data or chapters, additional figures and/or tables.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to decide about the article’s acceptance and its placement in the volume.
- The accepted paper cannot be published elsewhere (including electronic media) in the same form, in English or in other language, without the written consent of the Publisher as a copyright holder.
Only article which:
- corresponds to the magazine’s profile (Focus and Scope),
- is declared not to be published or accepted for publication elsewhere, either or partly (Declaration)
- comply with all technical recommendations contained in the Guidelines for Authors,
- will receive two positive reviews (Review Form)
can be qualified for publication in the GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka) journal.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Reviewers of the Geotourism journal
- Zofia Alexandrowicz, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Wiaczesław Andrejczuk, University of Silesia, Poland
- Jan Barmuta, AGH University of Krakow, Poland
- Maria Barmuta, AGH University of Krakow, Poland
- Krzysztof Bąk, Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland
- Ryszard Borówka, Szczecin University, Poland
- Tomasz Bryndal, Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland
- Ihor Bubnyak, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine
- Józef Chowaniec, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Ryszard Chybiorz, University of Silesia, Poland
- Marek Cieszkowski, Jagiellonian University, Poland
- Agnieszka Ciurej, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Anna Dłużewska, Kazimierz Wielki University, Poland
- Piotr Dmytrowski, Zespół Parków Krajobrazowych Województwa Małopolskiego, Poland
- Krzysztof Gaidzik, University of Silesia, Poland
- Aleksandra Gawęda, University of Silesia, Poland
- Zbigniew Głąbiński, Szczecin University, Poland
- Michał Gradziński, Jagiellonian University, Poland
- Michael A. Kaminski, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Beata Kępińska, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Michał Krobicki, AGH University of Krakow, Poland
- Joanna Krupa, Jan Kochanowski University, Poland
- Agnieszka Latocha, University of Wrocław, Poland
- Marek W. Lorenc, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Poland
- Wojciech Mayer, AGH University of Krakow, Poland
- Krzysztof R. Mazurski, College of Management “Edukacja”, Poland
- Piotr Migoń, University of Wrocław, Poland
- Franciszek Mróz, Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland
- Andrzej Osadczuk, Szczecin University, Poland
- Katarzyna Pazio, Zespół Szkół nr 2 im. Prymasa Tysiąclecia w Markach, Poland
- Elżbieta Pietrzyk-Sokólska, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Barbara Radwanek-Bąk, Polish Geological Institute, Poland
- Ewelina Rozpędowska, Stowarzyszenie Kaczawskie, Poland
- Paweł Różycki, University of Physical Education in Cracow, Poland
- Dmitry A. Ruban, Southern Federal University, Russia
- Pavol Rybar, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia
- Bogusław Sawicki, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Poland
- Ewa Smolska, Warsaw University, Poland
- Jacek Szmańda, Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland
- Ľubomír Štrba, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia
- František Teťák, State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, Slovak Republic
- Gejza M. Timcak, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia
- Aleksandra Trytek, Karkonosze National Park, Poland
- Jan Urban, Institute of Nature Conservation, Poland
- Radosław Wasiluk, Polish Geological Institute, Poland
- Paweł Zagożdżon, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Michał Żemła, Katowice School of Economics, Poland
- Danuta Żiżka-Salamon, University of Physical Education in Krakow, Poland
You can download here (after login) the "Review Form" as a PDF file.
CONTENT OF THE REVIEW FORM
Are the topic and the type of the paper consistent with the GEOTOURISM profile ? (yes / no)
Is the paper original? (yes / no)
Does it contain new data and interpretations? (yes / no)
Is the paper layout clear and consistent? (yes / no)
Does the title sufficiently inform about the content? (yes / no)
Does the paper clearly present:
- article’s problems? (yes / no)
- used methods? (yes / no)
- geological and/or geographical background? (yes / no)
- obtained results? (yes / no)
- conclusions? (yes / no)
Should the text be:
- shortened? (yes / no)
- extended? (yes / no)
Is the graphic material:
- sufficiently illustrative for the text and the interpretations ? (yes / no)
- of good quality? (yes / no)
- properly constructed (as recommended by the "Guidelines for Authors")? (yes / no)
Are all the illustrations necessary? (yes / no)
Are all the tables necessary? (yes / no)
Is the summary sufficiently informative? (yes / no)
Is the abstract sufficiently informative? (yes / no)
Are all the references needed? (yes / no)
Are the important references lacking? (yes / no)
The paper should be published in the journal GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka):
- as submitted (yes / no)
- with minor corrections (yes / no)
- after substantial corrections(yes / no)
- should be rejected (yes / no)
Please, send the corrected manuscript to the reviewer (yes / no)
You can download here (after login) "Declaration" as a PDF file.
CONTENT OF THE DECLARATION FORM
- I declare that I am the author of a work entitled: ……………………………………… intended for publication in the journal GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka) and that I have full copyright and property rights to this work.
- At the same time I guarantee that the work does not infringe copyright, trademark, patent or other third party’s property rights. My copyrights to store the work, duplicate it in printing (as well as in the form of a digital CD recording), to make it available in the digital form, on the Internet and putting into circulation multiplied copies of the work worldwide are unlimited.
- I declare that the work has never been published before and it has not been submitted to any other journal.
- I also oblige myself to reimburse AGH-UST in Kraków for any expenses and compensate any financial losses resulting from the third party’s claims if it appeared that any of declarations 1, 2 or 3 are untrue.
- Hereby, I grant AGH/UST in Kraków a free, unlimited in time and territory exclusive licence to: store the work, multiply the work using any method including printing and digital recording, putting the work into circulation, store the work on computer and distribute in the web including the Internet and databases.
- I also agree to make any necessary changes in the work resulting from editor’s proofreading on condition that the final version of the primary text and additional materials need acceptance of the Author or an authorised representative of the editorial staff.
The GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka) magazine is a scientific quarterly published by AGH University of Krakow
The journal has been published as GEOTURYSTYKA (Geotourism) since 2004, firstly in Polish with English summary. In the years 2004-2009 the journal was published in cooperation with Stanislaw Staszic Scientific Association (Krakow). Since 2011 GEOTOURISM (Geoturystyka) is published in English with wide Polish summary. This journal has been one of the first scientific title concerning geotourism/geopark topics in the Central Europe and authors were from several European countries and from other continents as well. GEOTOURISM has wide spectrum of publications both from primary geology, geomorphology, geography and active tourism with close connections with Earth sciences.