Information For Authors
Only original contributions will be considered. Manuscripts are accepted for review with the understanding that the same work has not been, will not be and is not being currently submitted elsewhere. Submission for publication must have been approved by all authors.
To submit the manuscript to this journal use the log in link.
If you have not yet your own author's account, go to registation link to create one.
- The authors are required to submit the Word and Pdf file of their manuscripts.
- It is the responsibility of the authors that the paper is written in clear and correct English.
- To complete the submission procedure the authors are requested to fill in the author's copyright form. In the case when the paper is not accepted for publication in Mechanics and Control this copyright will be terminated and the authors will be free to submit the manuscript for publication elsewhere.
The papers are published in 'Mechanics and Control' free of charge. According to the policy of the AGH University of Science and Technology Press, the issues of the journal are available online for the general public. The corresponding author of a published paper will be sent one complementary hard coppy of the journal issue that contains his contribution.
It is the responsibility of the authors to prepare their manuscript according to the following detailed instructions:
- The manuscripts have to be written in English. Footnotes and unusual symbols should be avoided.
- Title Page should include: the name(s) of the author(s), a concise and informative title, the affiliation(s), address(es) and the e-mail address(es) of the author(s).
- Abstract (of 15-20 lines) should be submitted in both Polish and English and should not contain any undefined abbreviations or unspecified references. In the case of contributions from abroad, the Polish abstract is not obligatory, and it will be done by the journal editorial office.
- Keywords: please provide 4 to 6 keywords (both in Polish and English).
- Scientific style: please use the standard mathematical notation for formulae, symbols (e.g. Italic for single letters that denote mathematical constants, variables, and unknown quantities; regular (not italic) bold face to denote vectors).
- The running text of body of the paper should be followed by figures and tables; their exact placement should be indicated in the text or on the left-hand margin.
- Figures should be drawn clearly in black, printed or photocopied. Dense distribution of details in figures and tables should be avoided. Figures, tables and photographs should be numbered consecutively according to their reference in text.
- Mathematical equations within text should be written in separate lines, numbered consecutively (numbers within round brackets) on the right-hand side.
- References list should only include works that are cited in the text and that have been published or accepted for publication. Personal communications and unpublished works should only be mentioned in the text. It should have the following form:
Author A., Author B. Year, Title, Publisher, Place of publication.
e.g.: Geddes K.O., Czapor S.R., Labahn, G. 1992, Algorithms for Computer Algebra, Kluwer, Boston.
- Journal article:
Author A., Author B. Year, Title, Journal, vol., no, pp. from-to
e.g.: Hamburger C. 1995, Quasimonotonicity, regularity and duality for nonlinear systems of partial differential equations, Ann. Mat. Pura Appl., vol. 169, pp. 321–354.
- Article by DOI:
Author A., Author B. Year, Title, Journal, doi
e.g.: Sajti C.L., Georgio S., Khodorkovsky V., Marine W. 2007, New nanohybrid materials for biophotonics, Appl. Phys. A, doi:10.1007/s00339-007-4137-z
- Chapter in the collective work:
Author A. Year, Title of chapter, [in:] Author B. (eds.), Book title, Publisher, Place of publication, pp. from-to.
- Always use the standard abbreviation of a journal’s name according to the ISSN List of Title Word Abbreviations, see www.issn.org/2-22661-LTWA-online.php
- Reference should be cited in the paper text by indicating the author(s) and year of publication, e.g.: (Gryboś 1994, Muszyńska 2005), (Barszcz et al. 2004).